Latest News

Azerbaijan ready to any format talks with Armenia

This article was published on 03 December 2016 at 10:41 PM. It has 25 views so far.

Armenia hasn’t confirmed its consent yet for the 3+2 format meeting (three co-chairmen of the OSCE Minsk Group and Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers) within the 23rd meeting of the OSCE Ministerial Council in Hamburg Dec. 8-9, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov said, Trend reports.

He made the remarks at a joint briefing with his Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu in Baku Dec. 3.

“Yesterday [Dec. 2] I talked to Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Andrzej Kasprzyk on this issue and he didn’t give a clear response,” Mammadyarov said. “Azerbaijan is ready to any contacts with Armenia, in any format. However, the holding of the meeting in Hamburg with participation of foreign ministers would show a serious approach to this issue.”

He went on to add that a certain standstill is currently observed in the negotiation process. “Following the meeting in St. Petersburg, we expected a certain revival in the negotiation process, but Armenia is trying to avoid the talks in every possible way,” Mammadyarov added.

“There were always tensions on the contact line of Azerbaijani and Armenian troops and the presence of Armenian Armed Forces on Azerbaijan’s occupied territories is the reason for that,” Mammadyarov said.